CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER - deadline: Friday 17th May 2019
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) reports to the Board of Directors of CreativeTT and collaborates with the General Managers of each subsidiary (FilmTT, FashionTT, MusicTT) to ensure the realization and development of Trinidad and Tobago Creative Industries Company (Creative TT).
Through planning, directing, and coordination of the operational activities of the Company, alongside the three subsidiaries, the CEO will contribute to the overall development and sustainability of the Creative sector of Trinidad and Tobago. The CEO (in collaboration with the Board of Directors) is expected to provide leadership and direction for the organization within strategic and public goals and objectives. He/she must be a dynamic individual capable of being the voice of the Creative Industry of Trinidad and Tobago.
The CEO will facilitate the integration the diverse work being undertaken as well as assist in innovation and transformative work, delivering on a sector strategy which considers the national priorities and public policy objectives. The CEO, with the Board of Directors, will envision, devise and execute policy and strategic plans to ensure efficient management of the organization including its staff.
· Develops strategy and policy and ensures that the aims, objectives, policies and priorities agreed by the board are achieved
· Participates in the development of the national policies and strategies for the creative industries
· Collaborates with the General Managers of each subsidiary (FilmTT, FashionTT, MusicTT) to facilitate integration, alignment and execution of the strategic direction of CreativeTT and the creative industries
· Further collaborates with the General Managers to discuss and advise on:
- Recruitment of staff in the subsidiaries in adherence with the approved organisational structures;
- Disbursement of funds for approved projects/sponsorships;
- Any legal matters;
- Administrative support functions
- Project Updates – outcomes, expenditure, lessons learned etc;
- Projects to be implemented by other subsidiary companies;
- Identified areas for cross sectorial collaboration and benefit;
· Works closely with departmental managers to review performance systems, develop goals and initiatives, ensuring adherence to company guidelines, manage expenditure, and ensuring the successful delivery of marketing initiatives.
· Develops relationships with private sector, public sector and civil society agencies to seek partnerships and harness synergies
· Builds the Company’s role and reputation as a key agency for the creative industries
· Engages keys stakeholders in the creative industries,
· Advocates on behalf of the creative industries
· Ensures the company’s organisational structure is tailored to meet the needs of the organization.
· Provides creative leadership and direction; while managing change and innovation
· Prepares reports as and when required for board review
· Engages in continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s regulations, best practices, and performance standards
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
· Extensive knowledge and experience in the domestic, regional and international creative industries
· Sound knowledge of:
- management principals and procedures
- budgeting and financial systems and procedures
- public sector procurement practices and Public Sector Investment Programme (PSIP) funding policies and requirements
· Excellent leadership, operational, management, analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills
· Ability to develop and implement operations, policies and procedures, multitask, meet deadlines and work within budgets
· Ability to present at both internal and external meetings to support the achievement of company objectives
· Superior written and verbal communication skills with experience in producing reports
· Experience managing diverse teams
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
· Significant experience in the creative industries
· Eight (8) years managerial experience and responsibility
· Post-graduate degree in Business Administration, Management Studies or any relevant field
· OR Any relevant combination of experience and professional academic qualifications
Please email your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline: Friday 17th May 2019.
FINANCE MANAGER - deadline: Friday 10th May 2019.
The Finance Manager reports to the CEO and has primary responsibility and accountability for providing strategic leadership and direction and managing the Finance and Accounting functions of the company and its subsidiaries (FilmTT, FashionTT, MusicTT). With administrative oversight of financial, accounting, and personnel services, the incumbent will develop, implement and maintain effective and comprehensive financial systems to promote the attainment of the Company’s overall financial goals while simultaneously ensuring compliance with all regulatory, fiduciary and statutory requirements.
The Finance Manager oversees all financial transactions of the Company and its subsidiaries including (but not limited to), maintaining accounts, managing payroll, executing the daily accounting functions, contributing to the development and maintenance of financial systems and processes, and ensuring that financial regulations are followed by the Company.
· Surveys the company’s operations to ascertain business needs and ensure that effective financial systems, policies and procedures are established and maintained to facilitate effective monitoring and sound management decision making.
· Establishes and implements a robust system of internal controls and quality mechanisms, inclusive of applicable policies and procedures, to promote the integrity and security of the company’s financial data.
· Leads the preparation of the annual budget, ensuring all relevant income, recurrent expenditure and capital expenditure are included and are reflective of the strategic initiatives to be undertaken to achieve the company’s goals.
· Review and analyze various operating and financial statements to ensure accuracy and conformity with established accounting principles/guidelines/classifications (monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports).
· Ensure accuracy of the reporting systems processes and compliance with statutory obligations for financial management, such as accounts payable and accounts receivable, through the use of relevant software, such as Peachtree and Microsoft Excel.
· Ensures timely submission of thorough and complete reports as required by governing entities, management staff, or Board of Directors to facilitate effective monitoring and sound management decision making.
· Supervise the preparation of invoices for payment, financial reports/statements, presentations, and other ad hoc reports; including the assembling and collating of data
· Manage the reconciliation of Bank Statements and invoices to purchase requests
· Calculate, Process and Disburse payroll, remuneration packages and gratuity packages
· Calculate, Process and Disburse payments for Recurrent and Project expenses/allocations
· Establish, maintain and monitor cash controls, cash reserves, and supplier accounts
· Supervise Finance/Accounting Department staff while ensuring clear performance standards are established to guide the team
· Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation
· Liaise with internal and external auditors, accounting consultants and key officials on accounting systems and reporting
· Communicates and provides training to management personnel on accounting policies and internal controls, as necessary.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
The candidate must have proficient knowledge in the following areas
· Finance and Accounting principles and techniques
· Knowledge of CreativeTT’s mandated industry sectors, local, regional and international
· Computerized accounting programs
· Accounts payable and accounts receivables
· Preparation of financial statements and reports
· Administration of employee benefits
· Payroll systems and reporting
· An understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
The candidate must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the Financial Manager, and must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
· be honest and trustworthy
· be respectful
· possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
· be flexible
· sound work ethic
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
· Chartered/Certified Accountant (Attainment of a professional accounting qualification, namely ACCA, CMA or CIMA)
· Master’s degree in Management, Finance, Business Administration or related field will be considered an asset
· 7 – 10 years extensive experience in financial management with at least three (3) years post- qualification experience and working at the management level in the Accounting field
· OR any relevant combination of professional academic qualifications and managerial experience and responsibility for established companies (private or public sector)
· Experience in partnering with an executive team
· High level of written and oral communication skills
· Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Peachtree Accounting Software Micropay
· Knowledge of Public Sector Investment Programme (PSIP) funding policies and requirements considered a strong asset