Open Call for Startups from Latin America, the Caribbean and South Florida
Source: Inter-American Development Bank
The Inter-American Development Bank and Miami Dade College are seeking the most innovative startups in the creative and cultural industries in the following categories:
- DESIGN WITH SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: Urban, interior and industrial design. Graphic arts, illustration and toys. Wearable technology, Accessibility and cultural identity expression. Co-creation between craftsmen and designers.
- SUSTAINABLE FASHION: intelligent clothes, organic clothes, accessories.
- MULTIMEDIA TO SAVE THE WORLD: video games, support media for digital content, virtual reality, 3D printing and interactive audiovisual content.
- GASTRONOMY AS AN AGENT OF TRANSFORMATION: recovery of ancestral and native recipes. Fusion cuisine, environmentally minded restaurants and chefs.
- STEREOTYPE-FREE MUSIC: cultural and ancestral preservation. Music as an education and language preservation tool.
A total of 17 startups from Latin America, the Caribbean and South Florida will be selected. These startups will participate in Demand Solutions Miami. The IDB will subsidize airfare and accommodation for the 12 most creative startups from the Latin America and the Caribbean region. Miami Dade College will select five startups from South Florida and will hand out prizes at Demand Solutions Miami. At Demand Solutions Miami these 12 startups will compete for the1st place prize (US$30,000), 2nd place prize (US$15,000) and 3rd place prize (US$7,000).
Requirements for Eligibility
- Participants must be over 18 years old as of March 1st, 2017 and be founders or co-founders of the startup.
- The startup must be solving a challenge that improves lives.
- For startups operating in Latin American and the Caribbean, participants must be citizens of one of the IDB borrowing member countries. For startups operating in south Florida, participants can be from anywhere in the world.
- Applications must be registered through the YouNoodle platform.
- Applications can be filled out in any of the IDB official languages (Spanish, English, Portuguese or French).
- The startup must have at least one year and no more than three years since it began operating and it should be legally registered.
- Startups and representatives that have participated in a former Demand Solutions event will not be eligible
Don't miss this opportunity! APPLY by May 4th