MusicTT Invites Applications for Micro-Sponsorship of Music Projects
The Trinidad and Tobago Music Company (MusicTT) once again invites industry stakeholders to submit their projects for its Open Call for Proposals.
In keeping with its mandate “to stimulate and facilitate the business development and export activities of the Creative Industries in Trinidad and Tobago to generate national wealth,” MusicTT sees the Open Call as a way of strengthening the capacity of the local music industry in Trinidad and Tobago as well as exploring avenues for business and trade for a commercially-viable music subsector.
General Manager of MusicTT, Jeanelle Frontin, stated, “This is MusicTT’s second Open Call in this fiscal year. While we are only able to provide micro-sponsorship support, it is still important for us as a state agency to enable industry stakeholders and to assist in boosting their projects’ success. We have very stringent criteria for this micro-fund as applicants’ projects should either build capacity for individual local music stakeholders, build community or capacity of the entire T&T music ecosystem, facilitate international exposure of local music stakeholders, or any combination of the same.”
This installment of the Open Call for Proposals will only facilitate micro-sponsorship/micro-investment and stakeholders are therefore required to provide evidence of other sources of project income or demonstrate feasible means of raising such funds. The intention of the Open Call for Proposals is not to fund entire projects, but simply to provide a means of assistance to projects in line with the mandate of the company. Proposals must be submitted to MusicTT by Thursday 10th August 2017.
The previous Open Call for Proposals, which concluded in January 2017, resulted in six music industry professionals receiving funding and support for their various projects from MusicTT:
- Don Carrington of Caribbean Riddim Media Archive Limited – for marketing, operational costs and monetization of Vocalists/Djs/Producers brand and musical content of the music platform “Caziq”.
- Eric Jack of Austrian Caribbean Initiative – for station “Radio Karibik” membership, training courses, travel expenses and marketing and promotional items.
- Gillian Moore – for facilitating, mixing, mastering, packaging and promotion of her album “Everchanging”.
- Tennille Amor – for facilitating, mixing, mastering, packaging and promotion of her album “Evolve through Love” as well as the launch of the album.
- Gary Hector of Jointpop – for facilitating his album’s release cost, marketing for the album “This is Radio TnT” along with travel and accommodation for the UK Tour, Showcase Festival and SXSW Austin tour.
- Calypso Rose – for tour support, inclusive of airfare and accommodations, for her show in OLMPIA, Paris.
Frontin also stated, “MusicTT is happy to provide stakeholders with any opportunity that can help to better position them in the local and international music industry. The Open Call for Proposals will continue to provide sponsorship and investment into local music initiatives which that with the mandate of business development and export activities in the music sector.”
For more information on the current Open Call for Proposals, including criteria for evaluation, visit www.musictt.co.tt/opencall.