The Business of Fashion Series: - Turning Creativity into Revenue, Workshop 3
On Friday 30th September 2016, the Trinidad and Tobago Fashion Company Limited (FashionTT) will be hosting the final workshop in its series of Creativity and Business of Fashion Workshops aimed at providing local fashion designers and entrepreneurs with the knowledge and tools to turn their creativity into business opportunities.
The first workshop, which occurred on Saturday 27th August, was facilitated by Margaret Bishop and was well received by the attending local designers. Topics covered included the Global Apparel Market, Making Best Use of Your Competitive Advantage, Brand Marketing in the Digital Age, Quality and Consistency and Upscaling, were discussed and international industry advice given to the designers.
The second workshop was facilitated by Deborah Beard, an Associate Chairperson of Technical Design and Professor in both Technical Design and Art and Design at the Fashion Institute of Technology. Deborah covered topics such as Pricing: Understanding effective pricing and price points, Producing Samples and Tech Packs, Production Logistics/Optimization: Tracking timelines and stock control in relation to the macro fashion industry, Trade show requirements and starting website sales, Negotiations and Payments and Trouble points in manufacturing.
The third and final workshop in the Creativity and Business of Fashion series will be facilitated by various knowledgeable and experienced persons:
- Amar Ramdhanie, Chief Operations Officer at the National Entrepreneurship Development Company Limited (NEDCO)
- Akilah Phillip, Attorney at Law (Entertainment Law)
- Mario Whiteman, Technical Examiner and the Intellectual Property Office, Ministry of Legal Affairs.
- Meghnath Gosein, Unit Leader, Business Services at Caribbean Industrial Research Institution (CARIRI)
At the workshop on 30th September, 2016, participants will be educated in the following areas:
- Business Financing in Fashion
- Finance Management as a Creative Entrepreneur
- Managing Contracts in the Fashion Industry
- Intellectual Property Management
- Ecommerce Offerings in Trinidad and Tobago
- Merging Creativity, Business and Innovation